Dudley Council's Mayor's Civic Awards 2016
The Mayor of Dudley's charities appeal fund has been given a huge boost at the Mayor's Ball and Civic Awards raising a staggering £6,900 – more money than ever before!
The sell-out fundraising event, sponsored by Custom Technology Solutions, raised a massive £6,900 during a night of entertainment, food and prize-giving at the Copthorne Hotel on Friday 18 March.
For the first time ever the fundraising Mayor's Ball was combined with the Civic Awards and reached a record number of 300 guests.
See the videos of all of the Awards winners, including the winner of the Mayors 'Pride of Dudley' Award, sponsored by Custom Technology Solutions, below:
· The Duncan Edwards award for sport - Awarded to Zara-Jade Turton. Video Here
· The Cedric Hardwicke award for arts - Awarded to 'The Fizzogs'. Video Here
· The Frank Foley award for community spirit - Awarded to Rachael Gardener. Video to follow
· The Thomas Attwood award for education - Awarded to Linda Perkins. Video here
· The William Shenstone award for environment - Awarded to Roy Burgess. Video here
· The Mike Holder award for business - Awarded to Andrea Childs. Video here
· The Mayor’s ‘pride of Dudley’ award - Awarded to Raj Kaur. Video to follow
Councillor Steve Waltho, Mayor of Dudley, said:
"I am overwhelmed by the generosity of both the people who put their hands in their pockets on the night and the organisations and individuals who donated all of the prizes. I would like to say a huge thank you on behalf of my chosen charities to everyone who has contributed, making a huge amount of money, doubling last year's total.”
The Mayor's five charities are The Hope Centre, The What? Centre, More Mascots Please, Leukaemia Unit Appeal Fund, Russells Hall and The West Midlands Lupus Group.
To see photos from the event, visit the Dudley Council Flickr album here
For more information on the Civic Awards 2016 and the winners, visit the Dudley Council website here